Articles about CNF
- John Fox 50 CNF Prompts
Creative Nonfiction (CNF) is my literary home. I love the art for the sake of art, and I love the story of other people's lives, struggles, and successes. This is by no means a comprehensive listing and does not constitute an endorsement. It's meant as a resource for emerging writers of CNF. If you know of a resource I have yet to list, please send me an email or Tweet it at me (ha, the one time I won't say, "don't @ me").
Where to submit CNF
- Creative Nonfiction, for its obvious devotion to the genre, in all its forms. See their submission page.
- Slice, a literary magazine that publishes short CNF from emerging writers. See their submission page.
- The Sun, an old-school lit mag that doesn’t shy away from getting political, and which contains some fantastic reportage
- Oxford American, my favorite lit mag, focused on writing and art from the south
- BuzzFeed Reader, which runs some fantastic personal essays and cultural criticism
- Longreads, which publishes longform nonfiction, both personal and reported
- Narratively, which publishes personal essays, in addition to character-driven reportage
- Hippocampus Magazine, an online lit mag focusing on various forms of creative nonfiction